Plantation, Wood, & Vinyl Shutters from My Blind Spot
Enhance your space with the look of window shutters from My Blind Spot in Virginia Beach, VA. When it comes to window coverings, the options available to you are endless. If you’re looking for an alternative to the classic shades and blinds options, shutters might be the perfect choice for you. Shutters provide the ability to control privacy and sunlight, allowing you to open and close them as needed to feel more comfortable. Their unique style also provides a timeless and special architectural feature many homeowners love. My Blind Spot offers a beautiful selection of shutters to Virginia Beach, VA homeowners. Schedule a complimentary in-home consultation to see our shutter samples in person. We’ll help you choose the perfect option to upgrade your home!
Window Shutter Styles for Any Home Décor
Whether you prefer real or faux wood, shutters bring a distinguished and classic look to any space. The versatility of this look means shutters can be paired with virtually any décor. There’s no need to redecorate your entire space because your new shutters enhance what’s already there. Our shutter selection at My Blind Spot features options in many materials and colors so that you can find something perfect for your taste. These beautiful pieces can even be used in conjunction with a fabric treatment to add another element of style to your décor. Shutters can be used on a wide range of window and door shapes and sizes. This means you won’t have to compromise if you want to install them in multiple areas of your home with a variety of window sizes. Learn more about the following types of shutters:
- Wood Shutters – These classic window coverings are thoroughly modern. Nothing beats the look and reliability of real wood. Wood shutters are long-lasting and can be painted or stained to match your home’s aesthetic. Basswood is a popular choice for shutters.
- Composite Shutters – This option is durable and is an excellent choice for kitchens and bathrooms. Composite shutters can be made from one wood species or several combined. They’re a great alternative to wood shutters due to their resistance to humidity and weather. Composite shutters offer the benefits of real wood at a lower price point. They often stand up to wear and tear for longer than real wood.
- Plantation Shutters – These shutters offer a classic and romantic look and evoke a timeless style. They’re versatile and can be fitted to any window space. Plantation shutters provide elegant style, temperature control, energy savings, and more. They’re long-lasting and also provide sound insulation properties.
- Interior Shutters – Take advantage of the traditional style and simple elegance of interior shutters for your home’s windows. Interior shutters are permanently attached to your window opening with a shutter panel hinged inside the shutter frame. Each can swing open by pulling on the panel.
- Café Shutters – If you want to enjoy a combination of privacy and views, choose half-height café shutters. They cover the lower portion of your window and can also cover a third or two-thirds of your window.
- Exterior Shutters – Brighten up the exterior of your home with exterior shutters. They’re often made from vinyl to be cost-effective, while composite shutters also provide a great value. Exterior shutters can add resale value to your home.
Why Choose Shutters for Your Windows?
Window shutters add a touch of class to any home. Their timeless style and beauty enhance any area of your home. All of the products My Blind Spot installs are top-notch, but shutters have certain benefits and advantages, making them a popular choice for many Virginia homeowners. Shutters are an excellent choice for window treatments because they provide a complete solution and can enhance the resale value of your home. Window shutters are available in a variety of options and are completely customizable. They provide a decorative, timeless look and allow you to control natural light. Shutters provide excellent visibility and are made from the finest woods. If you choose faux or composite shutters, no one will be able to tell they aren’t real wood. Shutters provide superior insulation, and their heavy-duty construction ensures long life. They’re the perfect choice for large windows, arched windows, and specialty shapes. We offer cordless options to ensure child safety, and the whole family will enjoy your new window coverings.
See Our Selection for Yourself
We invite you to schedule a complimentary consultation where we’ll discuss your needs and style preferences. You’ll get to see samples of all the many types of shutters we offer and can even test out their function. Seeing the products in person will help you decide what best matches the current styles of your home. Contact us today to schedule your consultation.